Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced information processing, computing, and communications technologies. USC operates one of the world’s largest academic high-performance computing clusters. ISI has two research campuses: one in Marina del Rey, CA, and one in Arlington, VA.
This position is located in Arlington, VA.
Information Sciences Institute seeks applicants for a computer scientist position.
- Play a key role within a small distributed project team carrying out cyber-security research focused on the public attribution of malicious individuals engaged in nefarious cyber activities.
- Apply technical and domain specific knowledge to design, develop, implement, and participate in test and evaluation of a software system that creates publicly releasable narratives informed by data collected using sensitive sources and methods.
- Applies computer science principles and concepts in planning, coordinating and executing research objectives
- Provide research support on problems of diverse scope
- Execute research projects in collaboration with others
Qualified candidates for this position must be willing and eligible to apply for TS/SCI clearance and access. According to U.S. Government regulations, ONLY U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance. Current TS clearance is a plus.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of research processes and computer science.
REQ20040603 Posted Date: 02/17/2017