Cobham is seeking a Finance Director
to develop strategic and tactical responses to implement company business goals; provide leadership to the Finance staff; manage strategic and complex accounting function through the coordination of people, logistics and resources; advise senior management on issues of potential impact such as profitability, capital and expenses; direct the workflow of the Finance & Accounting department in planning, processing, collecting, summarizing and interpreting financial data for senior management, parent company and outside auditors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Manage strategic accounting and finance projects within the division to budget, schedule and technical goals; track and report costs; take proactive measures to positively influence direction and outcome of projects.
2. Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and-long range planning; develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established business goals.
3. Direct all facets of the daily operations of the department, ensuring compliance with the accounting regulations; evaluate and standardize procedures to streamline financial and accounting processes and maximize company’s resources.
4. Oversee the personnel, which includes selection, work allocation, training, development and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate, coach and mentor employees to achieve peak productivity, performance and employee engagement.
5. Lead general accounting, cost/program accounting, government accounting and compliance programs, proposal support, financial statements, statutory reporting and working capital management activities within the department.
6. Responsibilities include the preparing general company financial statements such P & L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast; communicate company financial standing with upper management.
7. Drive development and analysis of annual budgets, strategic financial plans and forecasts - including revenues, margins and commercial expenses.
8. Coordinates Monthly and Quarterly Business Review process to include summary, program and overhead analytics.
9. Analyzes financial results and provides commentary working closely with business units and Shared Services.
10. Pro-actively analyzes financial trends and provides advice to leadership teams.
11. Manage company’s cash flow including asset tracking and cash forecasting; maintain banking relationships; protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal accounting controls.
12. Performs special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required reporting and analyses as required
13. Financial Advisor to BU VP Finance, North America and Corporate on business recommendations.
14. Drive process improvements across the organization maintaining strong adherence to company and regulatory controls.
15. Continue professional education by attending workshops, classes, reviewing professional journals and publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
16. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
17. Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained within work area.
18. Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
19. Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ten (10) years of related accounting experience in a DoD environment managing a finance and/or accounting department, including demonstrated leadership qualities; strong attention to detail; Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting or Finance, required; Master in Business Administration and/ Certified Public Accountant, preferred;
2. Leadership skills: ability to lead people, coach and mentor staff; ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the business; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence;
3. Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read and comprehend federal and state financial regulations; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
4. Technical skills: strong and solid working knowledge accounting practice, methods and principles thorough knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, FAR and CAS; solid working knowledge of changing accounting regulations as it applies to publicly traded companies;
5. Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
6. Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume;
7. Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface with intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft office suite including, Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP or Oracle;
8. Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to prioritize tasks and meet schedules/deadlines; ability to multi-task;
9. Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
1. May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.