Description - Delivery Driver Local Routes
• Complies with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and all other federal, state, and local laws.
• Uses proper defensive driving techniques to ensure safe vehicle operation.
• Maintains accurate and current hours of service records.
• Delivers food ingredients and finished products to bakeries, distribution centers, food manufacturing plants, and outside warehouses.
• Makes pick-ups and returns products to distribution centers.
• Loads and unloads products and materials.
• Monitors and records information regarding product condition, cargo security, and temperature control while in route or delivering.
• Follows preplanned designated routes for deliveries and pickups.
• Promotes teamwork by assisting and working in harmony with others.
• Follow all safety procedures and guidelines and promotes safe work practices.
• Operates material handling equipment.
• Performs all necessary paperwork such as, but not limited to, driver vehicle inspections.
• Class A Driver license required.
• Ability to read and follow road maps required.
• High School Diploma preferred.
• Ability to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis required.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task required.
• Able to work varied hours and overtime required.
• Experience operating refrigerated trailers preferred.
About this company
Allied Sales & Distribution, Inc. is a food ingredient and food packaging distribution company. Allied supports and supplies industrial food manufacturers, wholesale bakeries and retail bakeries with a wide variety of products. In addition, Allied offers third party logistics and warehousing services to its clients.