USC’s Bovard College is seeking a Senior Admissions Advisor to work closely with the Director of Admissions and Bovard College staff and guide prospective students throughout the admission process.
The Senior Admissions Advisor will support the functions of the Bovard College admissions office by managing admissions inquiries, providing exemplary service to prospective students and applicants, managing and reviewing applications, coordinating communication with applicants during the application process, assisting with data collection and reporting, and working with other Bovard College departments to manage internal and external information flows. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, comfortable in decision making and counseling of applicants, organized and skilled in project management, and an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
The recently launched USC Bovard College provides innovative programs to support individuals during key academic and career transitions. Bovard College programs address the unique needs of high-school and transfer students as well as helping working professionals advance in their careers through graduate programs offered in convenient formats.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in higher education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Familiarity with Student Information Systems, Customer Relationship Management Software
- Ability to listen to internal/external customers and to understand and respond positively to requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Director of Admissions, Bovard College to manage inquiries and enrollments.
- Connect with prospective students by telephone, web conference, through online presentations and in person to advise prospective students on Bovard College programs.
- Use a consultative approach to help guide students through the decision making process.
- Coordinate review of graduate applications with graduate enrollment team.
- Provide outstanding student centric service to applicants and prospective applicants.
- Collaborate with academic departments to ensure thorough review of applicant admissions eligibility and acceptance process.
- Work in conjunction with USC financial aid department to ensure student financial aid is processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Counsel applicants one-on-one on admission policies and procedures. Evaluate and offer solutions to applicant problems and requests regarding admission.
- Coordinate application completion activities with Graduate Admission Coordinators, students, university admission offices, and individual departments
- Communicate in person, by telephone and in writing with domestic and international students about status of admission applications.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
- Assist in maintaining Bovard College admission website pages and communication templates.
- Stay current on a wide range of university policies, school-wide policies, and online educational trends affecting graduate students, admission and recruitment practices for professional programs.
- Serve as a member of the Admission and Student Services team. Participate as a team member in office and division wide as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Recruitment and admissions experience with knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial aid programs
REQ20046477 Posted Date: 06/26/2017
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)