Account Executive – Employee Benefits
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives.
Employee Benefits Account Executive – Pacific Brokerage Group
Pacific Brokerage Group’s primary focus is with pooled clients with less than 500 employees. The ideal candidate would possess 3-5 years of broker experience with an emphasis in employee benefit account management for this market segment as well as have some experience with small group and basic self-funding principals. The position requires the account executive to be able to independently, provide the full array of broker services and consulting support to internal and external clients for an assigned book of business. Responsibilities include new business support to management/producers, client and prospect relationship management and maintenance, complete renewal & marketing process from start to finish, vendor implementations, development of reports and presentations as well as verbal delivery of reports and presentations to various audiences from C-Suite to employees. Create and update benefit related communications, conduct open enrollment meetings, provide compliance guidance and maintain internal systems and databases as well as adhere to company protocols and guidelines.
1. Advanced working knowledge of group benefits, services, and programs in Mid-market
2. Substantial experience in the elements of marketing all lines of coverage
3. Understanding of carrier/general agent /underwriting practices and the ability to recreate these practices for use during quoting, renewal discussions, and implementation/execution
4. Proven ability to organize and manage time in order to meet deadlines
5. Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction
6. Must be able to consistently instill confidence with clients so that client looks to you and to Lockton as more than just an insurance broker, but as a partner in business
7. Extensive experience in evaluating client needs for employee benefit program offerings
8. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) or similar software applications
9. Advanced working knowledge of spreadsheet applications and formula calculations.
10. Mathematical aptitude including the ability to calculate and interpret formula methodologies
11. Ability to maintain life and health license
12. Strong communication, problem-solving and planning skills a must
13. Exemplary presentation skills, including preparation and execution
14. Strong ability to delegate as appropriate
15. Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the Unit Manager, Producer or others. Exemplary knowledge of COBRA requirements, HIPAA compliance and Healthcare Reform
16. Strong personal presence to interface with top management of businesses, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner
17. General understanding of Human Resource policies and procedures and ability to implement and/or know when to escalate to Unit Manager
18. Willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness in the insurance industry by successful completion of extended classes and workshops related to insurance
19. Direct/assign special projects for accounts as needed in connection with the Unit Manager
20. Assist in review of all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.)
21. Provide assistance to clients on compliance issues
22. Maintain client management tools, i.e., Benefitpoint
23. Assist Producer with new sales opportunities
24. Attend internal meetings/educational programs
25. Proactively provide associate performance feedback to Unit Manager
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, or equivalent experience in the insurance industry
2. At least three to five years’ experience in employee benefits, specifically in the mid-market
3. Strong customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound client relationships with various levels within client’s organization
4. Must be available for travel
5. Ability to temporality absorb incurred related business expenses until such time as reimbursement of expenses can be made
6. Current Life and Health Agent license preferred
7. Legal right to work in the United States
Lockton Companies, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a privately-held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great associates. This includes health and dental coverage effective on the hire date, 401(k) match with immediate vesting, and a competitive vacation plan.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Any Employment Agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, LLC. Lockton will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person, or entity. Employment Agencies who have fee agreements with Lockton must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.