Tech would be responsible for fabrication of prototype test equipment with the use of drills, jig saws, plasma cutters, mills, laths and various hand held tools. Assembly of equipment by mounting of various components, wiring and soldering will be required. Troubleshooting / maintenance of equipment that is used in validation of components & finished goods that are automotive related.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fabrication of prototype test equipment.
- Wiring of electrical panels.
- Maintenance / troubleshooting of electrical equipment.
- Assist production on use of electrical test equipment.
- R&D on components used in alternators, starters, wheel hubs and master cylinders.
- Generate test specs.
- Maintain records.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong communication (Verbal/written).
- Ability to generate documents and spreadsheets.
- Interpret and document findings
- Strong organization skills and good housekeeping.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AS degree or 2 years in related field.
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to use hand tools
- PC literate