Technician, Manufacturing Engineering II
Cobham is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Technician II.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician will assist Manufacturing Engineering in the development of and implementation and maintenance of methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies; interfaces with production in coordinating the release of new products; provides estimates of manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements for new or existing product lines; maintain records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations; performs work of moderate complexity. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Assists with the review and audit of processes and procedures; develop, organize and maintain assembly aids and operation instructions.
2. Identify assembly fixture requirements, defects, and documents trends as well as coordinating the implementation of corrective actions.
3. Provides input and processes data into appropriate data base, assists in the evaluation of new materials and supplies for product use.
4. Perform testing of electronic parts and materials; maintain, service, repairs manufacturing and process equipment.
5. Order, maintains stock of spare parts, equipment and supplies.
6. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
7. Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
8. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
9. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
11. Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
1. Three (3) years in an electronics manufacturing environment working with automation systems, robotics etc. detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity Certificate in Electronics Technology; or, Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology, a plus.
2. Technical skills: ability to set up equipment as defined by a documented Procedure; ability to read blueprints, drawings and bills of material.
3.Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading and writing level to understand technical terminology used within the organization.
4. Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
5. Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs.
6. Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
7. Excellence Behaviors: Highest ethical standards. Highly ambitions and self-motivated. Humble, respectful, and positive. Analytical, decisive, and tempered. Highest level of workmanship and quality.SECURITYMay be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.