Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute (RRPFI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the promotion of the legacy of Ronald Reagan and his timeless principles of individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy, and national pride. It sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, the Ronald Reagan Institute, the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center, The Air Force One Pavilion and the award-winning Air Force One Discovery Center. Located in Simi Valley, California the Library houses over 55 million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers and over 60,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald and Nancy Reagan. It now also serves as the final resting place of America’s 40th President and his first lady. www.reaganfoundation.org
Why you will love this job
You’ll lead a team that inspires and serves more than 25,000 students annually to cultivate thoughtful and engaged citizen-leaders through onsite experiential field trips and programs. You’ll collaborate with our education team to support and involve students as both program participants and alumni. You’ll support world class events and speakers.
You’ll lead one of the largest and most successful teams on campus, including Program Coordinators, Educators, and Transition Coordinators. You’ll collaborate with colleagues from around the country, including the Director of Leadership and Learning, the Associate Director of Education for Learning and Engagement, and the Scholarship Program Officer to support programs and program alumni as part of broader Education efforts.
The Associate Director of Education-School Programs is a key part of the Education Management and Leadership team and reports to the Chief Learning Officer. This role serves as the administrative and educational leader responsible for ensuring a powerful learning experience for students who participate in programs sponsored by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute, including the Air Force One Discovery Center (AFODC), the Ronald Reagan Student Leadership Program (SLP), or other special student focused events. Responsibilities include day-to-day operations, budgeting, personnel, program development, strategic planning, program and employee evaluation, and professional development. The position is responsible for the specific responsibilities listed below, as well as other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Air Force One Discovery Center (AFODC): Oversee day-to-day operations and future development of the award-winning AFODC, which serves approximately 25,000 students annually, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of program budget, grants, and reports
- Playing a leading role on team of internal and external stakeholders advising on creation of a new scenario, scheduled for development in 2017-18
- Hiring, training, and developing staff
- Overseeing program and staff evaluation
- Ronald Reagan Student Leadership Program (RRSLP): Oversee operations of the summer Student Leadership Program, which serves approximately 200 students annually.
- Supervising day to day operations and master staff scheduling
- Supervising RRSLP Program Coordinator on all aspects of the program
- Maintaining program budget, grants, and reports
- Overseeing program marketing efforts
- Leading student recruitment and forging school/museum partnerships
- Supporting program alumni and connecting them to other Reagan Education opportunities
- Other Student Programs: Collaborate with Education team to create, coordinate, and implement speaker program logistics for the student speaker series and annual student-focused events, such as the Simi Valley Youth Town Hall and RRSLP Reunion.
- Developing mission aligned, high impact public programs for students
- Focusing on creating re-engagement opportunities and lifelong relationships with program alumni.