Convene was just named # 11 by Fortune Magazine Great Places to Work in NY. Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? Convene fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is stronger than steel, by applying to become a Area Sales Director for our West Coast.
The Area Sales Director develops and implements Sales/ Marketing business unit strategy for both the short and long range goals for the growth of our footprint on the West Coast. Direct focus targets toward existing and potential customers by performing the duties personally and through the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embody the Convene Core Values and Culture
- Support Sales Plan objectives through a coach centric approach to directing, coordinating and assisting the sales team; while maintaining key customer relationships for the entire Region.
- Develop, communicate and monitor annual Sales Plans for the region and assist in establishing appropriate sales objectives for Convene Meetings, Convene Works and Convene Commons.
- Assist in supporting, training, coaching and monitoring regional and business unit managers to achieve sales objectives and performance standards
- Direct, communicate and implement appropriate sales policies and practices.
- Establish an expense budget including promotional activities, to ensure regional teams stay within guidelines to appropriately control costs and aligned with corporate initiatives.
- Implement approved Distribution Strategies in order to build a loyal customer base.
- Assist in supporting, training, and coaching the Sales team to ensure Brand and Culture Alignment, enhance the customer experience
- Work directly with the Regional VP, Operations to maximize efficiencies and increase sales and profitability.
- Work with VP, Sales and VP Commerce to establish optimal market procing and booking guidelines.
- Assist others as an information resource to the organization by completing reports, responding to information requests and collaborating with internal resources.
- Establish and foster strong partnerships with industry organizations: i.e. MPI, CVB, CoreNet, Commercial Broker Community, and local hotels, etc.