Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. (MPA), is recognized as one of the largest re manufacturers of Automotive Replacement Parts for North America. We are a publicly traded company registered on NASDAQ and NYSEC under the symbol MPAA.
We have a career building opportunity for a Planning Coordinator Manager. This position is based at our corporate office in Torrance, California.
This position is responsible for effectively managing the planning and coordination of goods and services to support supply chain Undercar operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to: Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans. Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop best cost strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, production, material control, capacity needs, and achieving fill rates
- Establishes and manages production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules. Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, and inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Coordinates with Production / Engineering / Quality to ensure the processes / tooling / fixtures needed to support assembly operations needed for the various build construction, product lines, and assembly types.
- Support and coordinate the BOM, Sourcing and Purchasing teams for sample request, ISA approval processes, and available stock to meet production requirements
- Oversee and ensure BOMs are current and updated accordingly. As well as ensuring PSS database is being updated as new data developed
- Coordinate and work with Production, Quality, Engineering, Machining, and Assembly Operations to ensure on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Represents Operations organization on corporate materials task force teams. Manages department budget, associated costs and resources. Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions. Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Selects, evaluates and manages employees to ensure the efficient operations of the function.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS / ABILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in automotive planning / management
- Hands on understanding of MRP planning
- APICS training a plus
- Ability to read blueprints
- Excel Proficient
- Project Management – Develops and Coordinates projects and progress
Location/Region: Torrance, CA (US)