Requisition #: 27992
Working Title: Drug Use Policy Pharmacist
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0771013 - PHARMACY-TRAINING
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Shift Type: Flexible
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed acute, level 1 tertiary care teaching hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, just a block away from Beverly Hills. The Pharmacy Department has over 380 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 4 outpatient pharmacies pharmacy services. The Department has accredited residencies in pharmacy practice and health-system pharmacy management and is affiliated with schools of pharmacy in California.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Drug Use Policy (DUP) Pharmacist is responsible for strategic planning for biologics and therapeutic advances; collaborating with radical staff in development of evidence based guidelines; evaluating new drugs for formulary and development of content for P&T Committee; serving as a resource to staff on therapeutic issues and target drug programs; maintaining the online formulary; coordinating and editing the twice yearly pharmacy newsletter; preceding pharmacy students and residents: and staff in-services. The pharmacist works collaboratively with the medical staff, nursing staff, Drug Use Policy team, pharmacy management and staff in the development and implementation of initiatives and guidelines to reduce pharmaceutical expenses. Qualifications: licensure in California, Pharm.D. with Drug Information residency and/or equivalent experience in Drug Information and formulary management. Exemplary oral and written communication skills as well as a strong commitment to quality care and customer service are also required.
Position does require staffing 1 weekend a month
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
The applicant must be a graduate of a School of Pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
The applicant must have current pharmacy licensure in the State of California.
• Completion of a PGY2 or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and standards regarding compounding and institutional pharmacy.
• Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
• Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies.
• Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
• Ability to apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
• Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the medical management plan
• Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the responsibilities of DUP Pharmacist.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)