Business Development Manager
Copesan is an alliance of premier pest management Partner companies providing quality pest solutions to businesses throughout North America. Since 1958, Copesan continues to deliver quality pest management solutions, incorporating green principles, to protect the brands of our national account clients and consumers.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to be responsible for developing new business within Copesan’s Retail Food Business Group (SBG). The BDM will identify prospects to fill the sales funnel, work with current and new clients to sell pest prevention solutions in the National Commercial marketplace. Qualified candidates will have experience selling to retailers with a strong grocery presence (i.e. grocery stores and big box retailers with food/grocery departments). The ideal candidate will be located in the Western half of the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities
New business development (75%)
- Identify National or Regional account prospects that fit within the Copesan business model.
- Identify and develop relationships with decision makers within the prospects organization.
- Utilize the Copesan’s resources to generate momentum to move the prospect through the sales funnel to an active client, including:
- Development of strategic selling solutions
- Understanding corporate culture of prospects
- Sales presentations
- Contract negotiations
- Closing/signing of prospects
- Account implementation assistance by understanding the technical and consultative aspects of selling Copesan and by keeping all members of the Copesan team up-to-date on issues and actions.
Account Management (25%)
When necessary, work with existing Copesan accounts to:
- Support client retention
- Cultivate organic growth through incremental growth, program upgrades, price increases, etc.
- Expand the matrix:
- Key influencers
- Key detractors
- Decision process
- Decision makers
- Resolve any client issues
- Attend periodic meeting with clients per protocols.
- Quarterly reviews by Partner or Copesan
- Annual corporate review
- Audits per agreement
- Establish effective communication and leadership role demonstrating Copesan’s Team efforts in producing and implementing a quality product and service to our clients and partners.
- Resides in the Western half of the United States
- Sales experience in the food retail and/or grocery industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; business management or communications education a plus.
- Three to five years in selling commercial services in a National or Regional scope.
- Demonstrated skills in new business development.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, to lead and participate in decision-making and to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the pest control industry a plus.
- Ability to work from your home
- Car allowance
- Salary plus commission
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k with company match, paid time off, employee assistance program, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, volunteer time
- Employment with a company that has experienced continuous growth since 1958. We are well respected in the industry with active leadership.
- A feeling of satisfaction by helping to protect people, property and the environment; making lives more enjoyable and our foods safer.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
Keywords: retail food sales, food retail, food warehouse, wholesale foods, food distribution, food processing, grocery industry, grocery chain sales, grocery department sales, pest control, IPM, integrated pest management, national accounts, commercial accounts