HVAC Mechanical Engineer
C&L Refrigeration is recognized as a leader in service, construction and engineering excellence & innovation. We provide leading edge service, construction, installation, design and engineering services to a diverse customer base.
A profitable and stable service, maintenance, construction and engineering air conditioning and refrigeration firm with corporate headquarters located in Brea, CA is seeking a candidate for the new position of HVAC Mechanical Engineer. We are a privately owned company working in CA, NV, AZ, UT, NM, TX, OR and WA. The company has a 40 year history of positive growth with a reputation for servicing, designing and building quality projects on time and under budget. We offer a competitive salary with medical, dental and matching 401K plan.
Scope of Work: Provide primary project mechanical HVAC engineering and design support for heating, ventilating, air conditioning capital construction projects based on customer’s HVAC needs.
- Primary duties include selection of equipment, duct and pipe sizing and routing, detail design engineering of commercial and industrial HVAC system involving heat load calculation, and preparation of drawing and specifications for commercial and industrial air conditioning
- AutoCAD and HVAC design software knowledge
- Knowledge of HVAC controls
- Experience with obtaining mechanical permits and responding to plan check corrections.
- Knowledge of building, mechanical, plumbing, and Title 24 Energy codes for HVAC installs
- Able to perform job walks to gather information for HVAC design
- Troubleshoot HVAC design problems
- Interact directly with customer base in territory (consulting engineers, owners, architects, contractors)
- Assist with accomplishing department goals as needed (review of new technologies, and engineering)
- Provide product, application, pricing, and sales support as needed
- Prior work experience with a HVAC contractor a plus
- Prior experience with HVAC estimating to help estimate HVAC projects as needed a plus
- Minimum of 5 years HVAC industry experience
- BS in Engineering degree is a MUST
- HVAC design and calculation knowledge with familiarity with building and mechanical codes, heat load calculations and ASHRAE standards
- Competitive compensation and benefit package