Part-Time (32 hrs. per week)
$3,872 - $5,858
The Librarian works very closely with Resource and Information Associate, as well as with the Family Support Specialist and Director of KYRC to assist with the management of the Resource Center Library. This position will play an important role in facilitating outreach, project management, and support of the lending library system utilized by the regional center community. This position reports to the Director, Koch Young Resource Center.
The department is critical to the Regional Center’s success in promoting education and information for clients and families, with an emphasis on developmental disabilities and supporting information and resources for the community. Department staff provides family support services by coordinating support groups, playgroups, peer support partner program, and educational parent trainings. Technical expertise is required for library projects and initiatives to ensure an effective and sustainable lending library system. The department has played a leading role in the creation of the early childhood programs, delivery of information and resources, and the development of the lending library.
- Catalogs all materials used for circulation and reference purposes in the Koch-Young Resource Center and Assistive Technology Project. (Perform original and copy cataloging based on current standards). Resolves cataloging problems and maintain of the online catalog. Handles processing of new items, damaged items, etc., including property identification of all material, labeling of library classification, storage solutions fo items, etc. Coordinates the acquisition of new resources and assist with the ordering and billing process.
- Conducts periodic inventory of entire KYRC library collection including consolidation of items, purging and reordering.
- Provides reference assistance and instruction to staff and library users.
- Provides statistical reports for quarterly submission of the unit’s Workplan.
- Provides assistance with coordinating outreach to the general community about new resources in the library.
- Assist with special tours and presentations for the community.
- Coordinatesearly literacy events for clients (0-5 yrs.) and their families, such as story time with local community partners.
FILING DEADLINE: Ongoing until position is filled.
Submit Requests to:
Karem Chacana, Director, Human Resources
Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
3303 Wilshire Blvd., #700
Los Angeles, CA 90010