Under direction of the Controller and/or the Accounting Supervisor, the Accounting Clerk will perform a variety of general clerical and administrative duties, including data entry. Major duties include:
- Reviews and inputs purchase authorizations to generate purchase orders
- Processes Purchase of Service invoices and payments, including analyzing of billing documentation to ensure discrepancies are caught and resolved, in a timely manner
- Coordinates regularly with agencies such as the Social Security Administration and Medi-Cal; completes various agency forms
- Responds to service provider and staff inquiries
- Maintains absolute confidentiality regarding clients, families, and service providers in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Regional Center policies
Education and experience: High school diploma or equivalent. 2 years of related experience. Type a minimum of 45 wpm, with a high level of accuracy while inputting numbers. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook. Prior experience with an accounting system is preferred.
Knowledge and skills: Strong organizational skills. Math skills sufficient to calculate/balance payments; ability to interpret and apply approved rates to service authorizations and invoices. Ability to establish and maintain routine files, records and official documents. Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team. Ability to work well under pressure and to work well with others.
Please email or fax resume to:
Harbor Regional Center
Office of Human Resources
21231 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503