Head of Public Relations and Corporate Communications (exec. level)
The Wonderful Company (FIJI Water, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios...and MORE)
Los Angeles, CA – Headquarters
The Head of Public Relations and Corporate Communications will provide leadership and direction for all brand public relations and corporate communications for The Wonderful Company and its family of companies and brands. She/he will lead communications and public relations strategies and activities, specifically overseeing all media relations, public affairs, crisis and issues management, executive engagement and speechwriting, and corporate communication efforts. S/he will be responsible for overall implementation of communication plans, initiatives and programs that help enhance The Wonderful Company’s family of brands with consumers, media and other relevant stakeholders. A highly visible leadership role, the Head of Public Relations and Corporate Communications will manage a team of ~16 direct employees, plus agency partners globally. This role reports to the President of The Wonderful Agency and Corporate Communications.
The ideal candidate is a senior-level brand public relations executive with proven, hands-on experience both in-house and agency developing and executing brand-specific public relations campaigns.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Lead the PR strategy for all Wonderful Company brands and companies, integrating messaging across all media channels and creating new momentum for the brands through relevant and innovative outreach.
- Work closely with various Wonderful Company CMOs and marketing teams recognizing the blurring lines between traditional marketing and communication roles and identifying opportunities for PR to elevate investments made in paid, owned and earned media.
- Direct the creation and execution of media strategies and PR programs to ensure quality media coverage for all Company brands. Specific to corporate matters, developing messaging and outreach activities for topics including but not limited to corporate social responsibility, health and wellness, corporate and personal philanthropic efforts, innovation, public policy and other areas of strategic corporate significance.
- Lead The Wonderful Company PR team, an in-house agency that supports all of our companies. Manage relationships with international agencies, freelancers and other partners who contribute to the PR function. Through skills and needs assessments, develop and manage a productive structure that encourages creativity and collaboration. With a focus on talent management and integration with marketing colleagues, build awarding career paths for PR professionals that result in high performance and loyalty.
- Work closely with The Wonderful Company’s owners on vetting speaking opportunities and honorariums; assist in drafting speeches and presentations.
- Through solid strategic judgment and quick issues assessment, lead the company's proactive and reactive position on minor to major reputational management issues. Closely collaborate with peers in Management, Marketing, Legal, and Government Affairs.
- Direct the company's relationships with key top-of-line press and social media influencers and bloggers; also direct relationships with trade press/influencers in support of business line communications.