From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, faculty and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
The science of fun and fine dining is artfully executed each and every day at award-winning The Lab Gastropub. We are committed to providing exceptional food and beverages, as well as seamless customer service, in a comfortable, community environment. Whether it’s game day (FIGHT ON!) or just another week day, students, faculty, staff and visitors alike flock to The Lab for a warm welcome and a familiar face. Join us as we continue to create an innovative, enthusiastic dining experience for a wide variety of customers.
We are seeking a Steward to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you energetic and enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service? Then this is the job for you! As a Steward, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the guest experience and the quality of service that will be extended to guests, students, faculty and staff on a daily basis. The Steward primarily performs daily maintenance duties and maintains the cleanliness of the dining facility, both front and back of the house. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our high sanitation standards are maintained and our residents’ needs are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities, equipment, tools, utensils, etc., including three-compartment sink, dishwashing machine, floor scrubbing and carpet cleaning. Perform safe handling procedures for all chemicals related to job duties.
- Maintain perpetual inventories of maintenance supplies under the supervision of management.
- Perform general maintenance work.
- Assist in kitchen sanitation program. Comply with standard food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Adhere to department service standards and to all health, safety and University rules and regulations.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Report to station, ready to work at the time work assignment is scheduled to begin.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma not required.
- Experience: Six months.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of all cleaning methods, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation of all mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of general maintenance repair work.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
What We Prefer:
- High school diploma.
- One year of experience as a steward/dishwasher.
- Cafeteria style restaurant or high-volume restaurant experience.
- Ability to supervise student and/or temporary workers.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Less than high school
0 – 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Knowledge of all cleaning methods, materials, and equipment. Knowledge of the operation of all mechanical cleaning equipment. Knowledge of general maintenance repair work. Ability to effectively communicate in English. Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
REQ20050831 Posted Date: 09/28/2017
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)