At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status . JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity.JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. www.jfsla.org
As part of the Transportation team, the Driver for our Senior Van Services needs to bepatient, kind, courteous and providesafe and timely door-to-door transportation to those in need, while enabling our senior population to maintain both their dignity and independence.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s Class “B” License with Medical Card certification provided by a Commercial Medical Provider with passenger endorsement certification.
- Must provide 10 years of DMV driving history (H6 print out from the DMV).
- CPR and First Aid Certification required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check in accordance with all applicable laws and contract requirements.
- No DUI or reckless driving convictions within the past ten (10) years.
- Minimum twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be physically able to assist clients, for instance, climbing up and down stairs, carrying shopping bags, manipulating wheelchairs in and out of wheelchair lifts, managing frail elderly with walkers, assisting heavy clients on and off the van.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Participation in JFS Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
H-6 Print out from DMV: All applicants must provide a current H-6 printout from DMV. The H-6 print out must be no more than 30 days old.
- Will provide safe and timely transportation for the frail elderly to social day care, shopping, medical and other essential appointments
- Will maintain records and vehicles properly
- The maintenance of the vehicle includes the delivery and pick up vehicles for repair
- Also perform related duties as needed.
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.