Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced information processing, computing, and communications technologies. ISI operates one of the world’s largest academic high-performance computing clusters. ISI has three research campuses: one in Marina Del Rey, CA; one in Arlington, VA; and one in Waltham, MA.
This position is located in Marina del Rey, CA.
Information Sciences Institute (ISI) seeks a VLSI Test Engineer for its Metal Oxide Semiconductor Implementation Service (MOSIS) group.
Applicants selected for this position will require access to ITAR materials. According to U.S. government restrictions, ONLY U.S. citizens OR lawful permanent residents (green card) are eligible for ITAR access.
- Shares responsibilities for scheduling, coordinating, and modifying wafer laboratory work flow.
- Coordinates operation/maintenance of wafer and packaged device test equipment including automatic, semi-automatic, and manual wafer probe stations; electronic and mechanical interfaces from probers to test instruments; parametric and functional testers; and auxiliary test instruments and equipment. Troubleshoots test instruments, equipment, and systems and makes necessary modifications or repairs. Provides backup operations support.
- Develops and maintains, in consultation with programming staff, software for semiconductor device testing.
- Oversees maintenance of wafer laboratories in consultation with senior test engineering staff. Coordinates contact with field service personnel and electrical, air conditioning, and other contractors when outside service is required.
- Produces and distributes standard and custom wafer laboratory test reports using command-line-driven report generators and electronic mail. Provides support for
maintenance and development of report generating software.
- Supports custom test systems activities: creation and maintenance of designs and design documents (schematics, printed circuit board artwork, and mechanical and assembly drawings); purchase of electronic and mechanical parts; and coordination of assembly, test, debugging, and maintenance of prototype systems and existing custom installations.
- Participates in development/documentation of internal operating policies and procedures. Provides projections and financial status reports as needed.
- Networks with professional counterparts inside and outside the university.
- Participates in professional associations to stay informed of new developments and technologies. Makes recommendations to senior management regarding
technology changes based on developments in field and business needs.
Please attach your resume (required) and cover letter (optional) to your application.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Comprehensive knowledge of standard electronic test equipment and computer user interfaces. Ability to read, interpret, and explain electrical and electronic schematics and mechanical drawings. Understanding of industry practice in the areas of materials storage and handling, care and maintenance of test equipment, and process and job flow documentation. Basic electronic and mechanical assembly skills including soldering and wire-wrapping. Working knowledge of analog and digital circuits (amplifiers, switches, buffers, oscillators, gates, latches, flip-flops, optoisolators), including ability to create prototype designs and circuits as required by wafer laboratory activities. Basic programming skills in at least two languages and operating systems used in the wafer laboratory environment. Intermediate level skills in file manipulations and text file editing on at least two widely used computer operating systems. Working knowledge of CAD software, spreadsheets, and other electronic engineering software tools.
REQ20051881 Posted Date: 10/11/2017
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)