Are you a Vice President of Engineering with hands on Ruby on Rails experience? If so, read on...
We’re building an ambitious data-driven platform that we hope will redefine how companies raise capital. Our clients range from large financial institutions to growth-stage startups
We are a low maintenance, high performance team, so we operate lean but intelligently.
The ability to self-start and own an aspect of the product is essential.Top Reasons to Work with Us- We operate with a completely flat structure, where independence and automony is the norm.
- We take an open and collaborative approach to solving massive problems. Everyone has a voice.
- We truly care about work/life balance. You won’t be chained to your desk. We are a Slack driven culture, no emails (except for your lunch orders), or useless meetings.
- We have a very unique opportunity to tackle the massive industry of investment bankingWhat You Will Be Doing- Recruit, hire, and retain top engineering talent
- Hands-on coding, working alongside our Sr. Software Engineers to contribute to the codebase and make architectural decisions
- Manage an API integrating numerous data sources
- Estimate work effort and allocate engineering resources, enabling multiple simultaneous sprints across three functional products
- Work closely with Product, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and senior management to set the technical direction for the business and develop the engineering roadmapWhat You Need for this Position- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience and 4+ years experience managing and leading engineering teams of various sizes
- Hands-on full-stack software development experience.
- Expert in software development best practices (Git, TDD, Testing/QA, Agile)
- Extremely strong cross-functional communicator and functional leader
- Strong manager who can successfully set and track goals, coach, and inspire a highly skilled distributed team of developers in Santa Monica
- Degree in CS preferred, but not required with relevant professional experienceWhat’s In It for You- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Paid vacation time
- Free lunches
- A budget for the equipment you want when you join (We all use Macs but will accept arguments for why you want another machine as well).
- We’re a well funded team of 10, one block from the beach and all the typical startup perks are hereSo if you are a hands on VPE....apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Skills Ruby On Rails
Location/Region: Santa Monica, CA (US)