• Develop the Board Support Packages (BSPs) of QNX OS 6.5.0/6.6.0/7.0 for Advantech RISC (reduced instruction set computer)-based platforms with ARM (Advanced RISC Machine) Cortex A9 i.MX6 Processor.
•.Bootloader (U-Boot)/Linux driver development and Linux kernel customization for Yocto OS and Android OS for Advantech RISC-based platforms with ARM Cortex A9 i.MX6 Processor.
• Develop the Board Support Packages (BSPs) of Tiny Core Linux 64-bit OS for Advantech x86-based platforms with Intel Processor.
• Develop the Data Acquisition Navi (DAQNavi) driver package of QNX OS 6.5.0/6.6.0/7.0 for Advantech x86-based platforms with Intel Processor.
• Develop the iManager driver (Hardware Monitor) of QNX OS 6.5.0/6.6.0/7.0 based on Advantech x86-based platforms with Intel Processor.
• Design and develop test scripts/programs/plans, conduct testing (including unit and integration testing) for systems designed and propose/implement system modification/upgrade.
• Provide technical support to customer and internal sales teams in all pre-sales and post-sales stages including to review, assess and determine customer's high level technical needs, create customer specific solutions, design software architecture and oversee the installation of the customer's environment based on embedded PC hardware and software solution, conduct feasibility testing as well as providing on-site technical support and training.
• Develop local relationships with various OS vendors and OSCommunities. (Yocto/Android/QNX OS)
Requirement: Master degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related majors (or foreign equivalent) plus 2 years' experience in job offered with Linux/Android OS drivers implementation, Linux kernel customization and design/development/test of Board Support Packages (BSPs) for RISC-based platforms with ARM Processor.
*Our company requires background and credit checks
This is a full time (40 hours/week) opening at Advantech Corporation at 13 Whatney, Irvine, CA 92618. Please mail resume/application to the above address, attention to: HR Christine Huang
About this company
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms. We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and Partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2016, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech appreciates this recognition of our efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #6 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2016.