Requisition #: 28866
Working Title: Executive Director
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0871032 - MEDICAL AFFAIRS
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Management/Professional
Job Specialty: Director
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Flexible
Job Posting: The Department of Medical Affairs is seeking a new administrative director. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Medical Affairs (VPMA) and Associate Chief Medical Officer. The Director provides leadership for the management and operations of the Medical Affairs programs supporting clinical quality and medical staff leadership. In this capacity, the Director is responsible for the development and implementation of appropriate plans and processes, accountable for quality of service, expense control and effective management of capital and human resources and acts as a resource to hospital administration, Medical Staff, and other health system personnel. The Director is a key resource to hospital administration, Medical Staff, and other health system personnel for addressing issues related to clinical quality and medical staff governance.
• Oversees the management and operations of departments reporting to the VPMA, including achievement of goals and objectives. This includes responsibility for budget management, special projects and assuring that appropriate medical staff standards and regulations are maintained.
• Provides administrative, consultative and facilitative leadership support to clinical departments/groups in Medical Affairs, including the achievement of goals and objectives, personnel management, and budget management.
• Assists VPMA/ACMO to support organized Medical Staff leadership and committees by providing expert consultation and ensuring its members and leaders adhere to the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and all pertinent policies.
• Oversees the management of VPMA/ACMO leadership meetings. This includes assuring coordination of meetings and agendas, and appropriate follow-up and documentation from the meeting proceedings.
• Facilitates weekly Chief of Staff meetings and monthly Chief of Staff Advisory Committee meetings; includes organizing agendas, meeting management and follow up.
• Facilitates activities supporting TJC or other regulatory activities, and assures that appropriate quality standards and regulations are maintained.
• Supports VPMA in data management, reviewing and preparing reports, and other departmental initiatives.
• Responsible for the management and operations of the support staff assigned to assist management and the operations of the departments.
• Provides support to VPMA in administrative duties as assigned.
• Establishes systems for appropriate management controls in all areas of responsibility. Ensures organizational compliance with legal and regulatory standards, internal policies and procedures, moral and ethical codes. Actively supports workforce diversity and takes initiative to attain Affirmative Action Plan objectives.
• Handles financial management and resource allocation for the department
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities The successful candidate will be an experienced leader who readily promotes a customer-centric service environment, articulates organizational goals and vision and creates a high-performance culture with team members. Demonstrates and promotes leadership behaviors and cultural values and participates in staff engagement activity. Creates an environment of shared responsibility with collaborative teamwork and problem solving. Inspires trust and engages staff in achieving work deliverables.
A strong understanding of quality service and the principles of Continuous Quality Improvement is essential as the director is a champion for quality and strives for measurable improvement in all assigned areas.
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE ( and/or preferences; Licensure, Registration, Certification, Experience, Other):
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or a Management related field required. Graduate Degree, MHA/MBA/MS, in hospital administration, healthcare administration, or specialty field preferred.
2. Current certification as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) and/or preferred.
3. Five to seven years recent experience in a senior management position with experience in the following areas: Management and supervisory responsibility for Quality and/or Medical Staff Services function. Knowledge, experience, and understanding of quality management/improvement principles, tools, and implementation and operations.
4. Hospital-wide experience with JCAHO Standards necessary.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)