From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
We are seeking a Bartender/Mixologist to join our rapidly growing team. This position will work in multiple locations and will not have a set schedule.
Excited to craft innovative, delicious beverages? Take pride in the relationships you’ve built with your customers? Then this is the job for you! The Bartender/Mixologist will have the opportunity to create all of the beverages for our restaurant. You will be in charge of all bar services, from preparing garnishes and maintaining your bar area, to interacting with and serving our guests. We are a team of passionate food specialists, and we take pride in the presentation and quality of our food and drink. As a Bartender, you will show our guests just how much we care with your warm, friendly, and positive attitude on a daily basis!
- Mix, prepare, and serve drinks to members and guests using established recipes.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic beverages for bar patrons and/or restaurant patrons ordered through servers. Mixes, prepares, and serves drinks to members and guests using established recipes.
- Serve food and beverage to customers. Conduct service transactions. Collect checks and payments for food and drinks served.
- Use blender/mixer, mixing/muddling tools, corkscrews, bottle openers, basic bar, and barback hand tools. Prepare garnishes, mixes, and pre-mixed drinks.
- Stock and maintain all supplies, food items, and utensils. Inspect the bar prior to opening to ensure that adequate supplies are available for service.
- Reconcile and maintain cash and sales transactions in daily sales register (e.g., cash register, credit card machine, etc.). Practice beverage and revenue control procedures.
- Adhere to department service standards and to all health, safety, and university rules and regulations. Follow laws and club policies and procedures regarding alcoholic beverage service.
- Clean and lock the bar area according to procedure.
- Communicate with the kitchen, staff, and guests.
- Assist in kitchen sanitation program. Comply with standard food handling and sanitation procedures. Maintain cleanliness of facilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Experience as a bartender in a full-service, fast paced restaurant environment.
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 libs.
- Must have open availability.
What We Prefer:
- Associate’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience.
- Bartender in fine dining restaurant or private club.
- Cash handling experience.
- Knowledge of food preparation equipment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High school or equivalent
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Experience as a bartender in a restaurant, banquet facility or private club. Knowledge of
food handling and sanitation procedures. Demonstrated customer service experience.
Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively
communicate in English. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
REQ20053212 Posted Date: 11/13/2017
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)