Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Lead Software Engineer will design and develop advanced software applications. Build on one or more platforms which include but not limited to iOS, Android, and web apps.
· Communicate regularly and write clean code. Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
· Evaluates strategies and makes recommendations on changes and improvements.
· Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on the different platforms.
· Consult with other team members and implements solutions in-line with the departments’ visions.
· Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
· Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
· Perform all other duties as assigned.Qualifications
· Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
· Masters in Computer Science preferred
· Experience5+ years of experience in three of the following: Java / Android, Objective C or Swift, C#, or C.
· 4+ years of experience in Front-end technology stacks, MS Web frameworks (including Express, Angular, React JS, ASP.NET MVC etc.), XSL/XSLT, XPath, and XPointer. Node.js (Client and/or Server) is a bonus.
· Experience in at least one queuing framework is preferred.
· Scripting Languages – Ruby, PowerShell, Linux/Unix Shell scripts, and/or Perl etc.
· Experience in two or more of the following databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra.
· Experience in the hybrid On-prem and Cloud computing implementation and integration, and possibly with CDN is preferred.
· Experience in implementing OAuth/OpenID, TLS/SSL, and certificates is preferred.
· Experience in concurrency software development and great resource utilization is preferred.
· Experience in TDD/BDD.
· Experience in implementing high performance, high availability, reliable, and secured software, and know how to scale a system horizontally is preferred.
· Experience in distributed computing with sharding is highly desirable.
· Strong communication skills and interest in a pair programming environment.
· Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add values and make a difference.
· Knowledge on how to implement and manage the APIs (Web Services) versioning.
· User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset.
· Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape.
· Prior consulting or freelancing experience is a bonus.
· Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings.
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
· Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
· Life Insurance
· Disability Coverage
· 401k Savings Plan
· Employee Discounts
· Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
“Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.