Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Road to Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our SOA Architect opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA.
Seeking a strong SOA Architect that serves as the lead advocate for Service-Oriented Architecture throughout the Enterprise. Serves as expert on SOA technology, architecture, development processes and artifacts created by SOA projects within the business unit. Actively participates on project/product teams to design effective business solutions using best in class Integration/SOA technology.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thought leader on SOA strategy, SOA technologies, governance and service lifecycle management.
- Develop, Drive & Maintain SOA Roadmap and best practices.
- Overall responsibility of all technical deliverables and implementation.
- Deliver integration solution architecture and high level designs for SOA.
- Coordinating/guiding engineering teams during design & development.
- Provide assistance in developing strategies for integrating the various components of the SOA.
- Provide input regarding the adaptation of SOA within the Enterprise
- Provide assistance to staff to develop services interface contract definitions.
- Provide expertise on the leading practices of service-oriented modeling.
- Provide assistance in defining the infrastructure required for SOA adoption.
- Help plan the alignment of current and planned projects to the SOA.
- Suggest best practices around the rollout of services and the development of a services roll out plan as part of the SOA Roadmap.
- Ability to enforce SOA Governance Process
- Provide expertise in technical areas associated with the scope of the project.
- Create a reference implementation that demonstrates how all these components interact and work together.
- 8+ years' experience with engineering or other technical degree with recent expertise in developing & rolling out an enterprise wide SOA strategy and architecting API/Service centric solutions.
- Experience implementing SOA using Modern Integration Patterns (Micro services, APIs, Services) and Digital technologies (Web, Mobile, Cloud) using modern technology stacks.
- Hands on experience implementing an Enterprise Class SOA Platforms using Open Source or COTS (IBM IIB is preferred)
- Exposure to Product development, visualize product architecture.
- Strong knowledge of various integration approaches such as micro services, messaging, queuing, API patterns, etc.
- Experience leading / managing an enterprise development work stream involving several systems, teams and user profiles.
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies
- The ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior management, is essential. Expected to ensure customer requests for information are addressed and follow up occurs resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
- Prior experience managing small technical development efforts via agile development methodologies is required.
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions. Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations.
- Soft Skills
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation.
- Customer Focus – Constantly explore to conceptualize and understand customer needs and proactively delivers the best solution.
- Analysis & Problem Solving – Investigates issues and conducts root cause analysis and comes up with various options to solve the problem.
- Leadership – Thought leader and executive presence with ability to drive a heavily matrixed organization. Excellent leadership and management skills
- Communication & presentation – Communicate clearly, fluently and in an assertive manner. Present ideas effectively.
· Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
· Life Insurance
· Disability Coverage
· 401k Savings Plan
· Employee Discounts
· Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
“Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.