Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Road To Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our SR. Systems Software Programmer (Mainframe) opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Provide z/OS operating system (parallel sysplex) support for two large CICS / DB2 mainframes (along with associated disaster recovery) - processing 22 million CICS transactions / day.
- Perform standard system programming activities like: hardware configuration, installation & maintenance using SMP/E, and vendor software installations in the IBM mainframe environment.
- Support storage management, performance tuning, capacity planning, security, networking and operating procedures.
- Build and support automation to prevent, resolve or detect problems.
- Work with technical, operations and application development staff to enhance the mainframe environment.
- Participate in software deployments and various support functions as defined by the department manager.
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to foster good relations with business and development users.
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting IBM mainframe operating system environments.
- Proven experience in administering related software products, including installing maintenance and new releases.
- Demonstrated experience with SMP/E, ServerPac, TSO/ISPF, SMF and RMF.
- Familiarity with CICS, DB2 and WebSphere MQ.
- Strong customer service and follow-up skills.
- Experience with the mainframe z/VM operating system running SuSE or RedHat Linux.
- Experience with installing or administering WebSphere Application Server, IBM Integration Bus (formerly MQ Message Broker) or Operational Decision Manager.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies.
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
‘Creating members for life by exceeding our members’ expectations through valuable products and legendary service.’
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.