Located in beautiful West LA, CA, we are an established (40+ years) Medical device company. Over half our staff has their PhDs in the fields of Engineering, and Science - we refer to ourselves as the "Nerd Army," and we have increased our team this year by 50% (60 employees) and we’re doing the same for 2018! If you’re looking for a collaborative company where you can work on ground breaking new technology (robotics!), while learning from the top minds in the industry then look no further.
Our culture is also unmatched. We have exemplary reviews on Glassdoor, monthly BBQ’s, fun team building outings, and amazing quarterly events! Join us!!
$40M Venture backed!
Jr. EE & Systems Engineer
Mid Level EE & Systems Engineer
Senior EE & Systems EngineerTop Reasons to Work with Us- HUGE Room for Growth
- Great Work/Life Balance/Autonomy
- Competitive PayWhat You Will Be Doing- Design, debug and analyze discrete electronics, sensor interfacing and embedded microprocessor based controls.
- Design, debug and analyze power electronics systems, including battery interfacing and management.
- Design, debug and analyze communication electronics, including wired (RS-232, USB, SPI, etc.) and wireless systems (Bluetooth, WiFi).
- Resolve design issues related to PCBAs (and FPGAs), system power and grounding, system cabling and interconnect, OEM hardware and electro-mechanical subassemblies.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure all issues related to design change are understood in advance of implementation.
- Foster vendor technical relationships and perform project management of vendors.
- Develop Design History Files (DHF) per FDA requirements.
- Cultivate and perform component Verification and product Validation testing (V&V).
- Support production of final product by troubleshooting process and component problems.What You Need for this Position- BSEE or higher from an accredited university or college is required.
- 6+ Years of design of complex electronic systems. Experience with real-time control systems, embedded operating systems or other -
embedded real-time processing frameworks or robotics preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and high comfort level with all phases of the product development lifecycle; including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation and transfer to manufacturing.
- Deep knowledge of design tools used by electrical engineers in PCA (PCBA) development and simulation.
- Prototyping skills (bread boarding, soldering, etc.).
- Strong ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware and software problems, from hardware to the component level.
- Knowledge of electrical and software manufacturing processes.
- Experience with designing hardware products within an FDA or otherwise regulated industry, or for mission critical applications is desired; as well as comfort with concepts of design input, design output, traceability and risk analysis.
- Working knowledge of requirements standards EN60601-1 and EN60601-1-2 for medical equipment safety and EMC compliance.
- Proven past success in a fast-paced, high-transaction environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Passion for creating robust and reliable products.
- Start-up experience is a plus
Bonus points for:
- Bluetooth LE
- FPGA design and embedded systems development preferred.
- Experience with Xilinx processors and tools preferred.What’s In It for YouFor your hard work, you will be rewarded with a strong compensation package that includes a competitive base salary (D.O.E), excellent medical, dental and health benefits and other cool perks.Interviews are ongoing so, please FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS INCLUDING THE SELF ASSESSMENT ASAP! Complete applications will receive priority!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Skills Medical Devices Electrical Engineering PCB/PCBA Design Embedded Systems Sensors Bluetooth/BLE/Wifi wireless technologies FDA/DHF FPGA design - Bonus