At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status. JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families. JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment. Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. www.jfsla.org As part of a multidisciplinary team, the Per Diem/ On Call Domestic Violence Residential Counselor
provides direct client services to crisis line and shelter clients on a 24 hour, seven day per week basis, according to established agency standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year experience in domestic violence or related field preferred
- Ability to work in shelter setting with victims of abuse
- Knowledge and familiarity with crisis intervention techniques
- Knowledge of issues related to family violence, particularly intimate partner abuse, child abuse and teen dating violence.
- 40 hour domestic violence training certificate required
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population
- Ability work in a non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes
- Able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) and drug screen prior to beginning employment
- Responsible for the overall safety of clients, by providing continuous on-site coverage during scheduled shift
- Crisis intervention counseling
- Answer 24 hour crisis line
- Complete case management tasks as assigned or necessary
- Surveillance and safety of confidential location
- Monitor whereabouts and safety plans of all clients
- Handle client requests
- Interact with law enforcement and other community agencies
- Facilitate shelter intake and/or shelter placement
- Maintain accurate client documentation and statistical reports
- Assist residents with shelter guidelines
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned by the direct supervisor
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Non Union/Time- limited dependent on funding/EOE/AA
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)