The University of Southern California’s Thornton School of Music invites applications for the position of Assistant Piano Technician. Thornton’s Assistant Piano Technician will be responsible for the instruments located in Thornton’s practice facility and main campus. Expectations for the maintenance of the instruments include frequent tunings as well as the handling of emergency repairs and the application of strategic preventative maintenance measures. The Assistant Piano Technician will take technical and artistic guidance from the Senior Piano Technician.
Combining the benefits of a world-class conservatory and a leading research university, the USC Thornton School of Music offers students the opportunity to pursue a rigorous music education in a real-world context. We offer a full range of musical disciplines across a demanding and innovative curriculum, and the opportunity to work with a faculty of national and international renown. For more information, please visit us at http://music.usc.edu/.
Hiring Range: $25.50-26.50
- Education and/or experience in aural tuning and basic piano maintenance is required.
- Education and/or experience in aural tuning and basic harpsichord maintenance is required.
- Basic understanding and an interest in continuing education for more complex work including voicing, regulation and parts replacment.
- Experience with Steinways, Yamahas, and Bostons is preferred.
- Experinece with sales and customer service is highly desirable.
- Experience using written communication tools such as email to communicate about complex and specific issues related to piano maintenance with clients.
Currently, work hours: 7:00AM - 3:30PM, Monday through Friday (additional work hours occasionally required).
In order to be considered, all candidates must complete the online application.
Candidates are asked to provide:
- A letter of application
- Do not send other supporting materials unless requested.
Minimum browser requirements for this application: Google Chrome 11, Firefox 13, Internet Explorer 9, Safari 5.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Specialized experience in piano technology.
REQ20054484 Posted Date: 01/04/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)