Maxim Healthcare Services is looking for a Social Worker to help individuals, families, and communities with their personal and social problems.
• Provides medically necessary social work intervention in accordance with physician’s orders.
• Assesses patient’s psychosocial needs, plans for, evaluates and modifies interventions to meet the established patient goals.
• Collaborates with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
• Facilitates patient referrals to community agencies when appropriate.
• Provides financial counseling when necessary to achieve the treatment goals established by the multidisciplinary.
• Assists patient/family/caregivers in planning for present and future psychosocial needs as related to the patient’s current status and prognosis including terminal illness.
• Other Social Worker duties as assigned.
• Master of Social Work degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education preferred.
• Minimum of one year of social work experience in a health care environment in the last two years preferred.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-ray
• Reliable transportation.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is a leading provider of home healthcare, healthcare staffing, behavioral care, and population health and wellness services across the United States. We are committed to improving patient care and staffing world-class professionals. As a recognized provider of a comprehensive suite of healthcare services, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers and patients for nearly 30 years.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)