USC’s Dornsife College of Letters, Arts adn Sciences, Department of Psychology, is seeking a Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate to join its team. The Postdoc will be expected to analyze data, apply advanced statistical methods (e.g. multilevel data, structural equation modeling, panel designs), manage large data sets, and prepare tables and results under the mentorship of the senior investigators. The position is supported by two grants on which Drs. Christopher Beam and Margaret Gatz are senior investigators. Both projects concern social and biological risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, and employ longitudinal and twin designs.
1. Perform data analysis using statistical methods. Document all analyses.
2. Assists in preparation of technical reports and papers.
3. Writes scholarly empirical papers for publications and presentations.
1. PhD degree
2. Measurement, Biostatistics or Statistics; experience with SAS, R, Mplus; and experience with large longitudinal data sets.
3. Background in geopsychology, familiarity with clinical geropsychological scientific literature and knowledge of behavioral genetic methodology is desired.
Externally grant funded/Fixed-term position
Application should include:
1. Cover letter describing research interests
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. List of persons who can provide references
Please attach/upload as PDF files.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: Ph.D. within previous five years
Minimum Experience: 0-1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods.
REQ20054743 Posted Date: 01/05/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)