Marketing & Events Assistant (Seasonal)
Desert Publications, Inc., publisher of Palm Springs Life magazine and 30 other titles, has a growing Events division and we are looking for an energetic, sharp and savvy Marketing & Events Assistant for our 2018 events season. We are located in beautiful downtown Palm Springs.
Events Assistant Job Purpose:
The events assistant is responsible for event logistics, onsite execution, fulfilling event sponsorship obligations, and online ticketing platform. He or she will be responsible for creating and maintaining all event records, reports and databases.
Events AssistantJob Duties:
- Assist Event Manager in all phases of the events to include:
- Manage the ticketing process
- Provide customer support on ticket purchasing (phone & email)
- Maintain a spread sheet of ticket sales results for all events
- Work directly with the ticketing agency to ensure accuracy
- Supports on-site execution of the events
- Assist in preparation of gift bags
- Pre-event and onsite communication with the events team.
- Serve as Ticket Booth Manager at Fashion Week El Paseo and Palm Desert Food & Wine.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to influence and coordinate the efforts of other team members in support of events.
- Demonstrated experience working in a marketing and events team environment
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of that positions that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Proficient computer skills – specifically MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Must be able to work evenings and week-ends.
- Seasonal Position through March 31, 2018
Please respond with cover letter and resume by
clicking the "Upload Resume" button
Location/Region: Palm Springs, CA (US - 92263)