Marshall Electronics, Inc. is looking to add a Sales Support Associate to its Mogami Cable Division. The ideal candidate will be responsible for sales support, product knowledge, artist relations, and technical support including handling high volume phone calls, e-mails and social media contacts from dealers, sales reps, customers, and artists. The ideal candidate will be passionate about music, music products, and have music industry experience. The Sales Support Associate will quickly learn about Mogami products, professionally answer e-mails and phone calls to determine product application, issue price quotes, represent and sell Mogami products over the phone and in person, troubleshoot customer/product complaints, and assist in new dealer and artist inquiries. This position is ideal for a musician with product knowledge and some sales experience. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a strong repertoire of product knowledge in musician and studio setups (amplifiers, pedals, guitars, keyboards, preamps, compressors, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of equipment signal chains
- Establish and maintain current and potential client relationships through quality checks and other follow-up methods
- Identify and resolve client concerns/complaints through e-mail and phone calls
- Sell/up-sell company products over the phone and in-person; determine which products are right for the customer, dealer, and other prospects, quote prices for company products, etc.
- Satisfy inquiries and requests about marketing materials, samples, and custom products
- Participate in the development of new products
- Follow up on new leads and referrals
- Provide product technical support
- Present company products at trade shows, dealer events, etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities of the Pro-Audio Division as assigned
- An Associate’s Degree in or higher is required
- 2 – 3 years of sales/product support experience; must be able to effectively perform within an inside sales environment
- High level of communication, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills including decision making, time management, presentations, and immediate prioritization of tasks as assigned
- Ability to multitask and handle several problems in a given day with quality and efficiency
- Develop a strong repertoire of product knowledge
- Maintain confidentiality and time sensitivity with requests from customers, dealers, colleagues, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or other comparable open softwares (Open Office, Libre Office, etc.)
- Willingness to work collaboratively with people inside and outside the department in an entrepreneurial setting
- 10% domestic travel may be required
About Marshall Electronics:
- Basic knowledge and interest in electronics, technology, and music industry
- Music/recording/retail industry work experience
- New Media, Social Networking, E-commerce
- Physical Requirements and Work Conditions/Environment:
- Ability to do the following for up to eight hours a day within an office environment: remain seated for up to 3.5 hours at a time without a break, repeating this throughout an eight-hour work day
- Use computer hardware/software, phone, email, internet, and other office productivity equipment, etc.
- This position may require the ability to lift and install equipment up to 31 pounds and occasional bending as necessary
- Vision requirements include: close and distant vision
- Ability to periodically do the following: assist in company participation at various industry trade shows (some travel may be required); periodic driving on behalf of company business needs using employee’s own personal vehicle, etc.
- These criteria are not all inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be provided upon request/approval.
Based in Torrance, CA, Marshall Electronics Inc. is a privately-owned American company that specializes in the development, manufacturing, and distribution of high-tech electronic products used in a wide range of professional applications. We have five distinct operating units: Professional Audio, Cable/Connector, Optical Systems, IPTV, and Broadcast A/V Division. Please visit www.lcdracks.com for an overview of our product lines. Marshall Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participator in the federal E-Verify program.
Location/Region: Torrance, CA (US)