First American Title Insurance Company’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
We are searching for an experienced national commercial escrow professional to provide expertise and knowledge regarding a variety of advanced support options we are evolving and building. The following experience and skill set is highly desired:
1. Experience as a front line escrow resource for NCS clients to include:
- A thorough understanding of escrow documents and contracts in accordance with internal policies and procedures and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
- Understanding of appropriate escrow function with exposure to closing transactions in a variety of geographic locations.
- An appropriate and thorough understanding of the requirements of funds handling – such as, acceptance of funds, disbursement of funds, trial balance maintenance, escheat, and all escrow accounting requirements.
- A desire and ability to share escrow knowledge with others and to train and mentor staff as needed to perform escrow functions.
2. Experience and knowledge of all aspects of the escrow side of our transactions from con-
tract/agreement evaluation through to essential post-closing function.
3. The desire and ability to coach, mentor and train support staff to support our NCS operations to a high
degree of quality and reliability in regard to delivery of exceptional product to our NCS Operations staff.
4. Experience serving complex multi-site transactions – with understanding of the variability of client
requirements and the concept of “starting with the end goal in mind.”
5. A desire to contribute to visionary activities as we strive to improve our efficiency and degree of quality
in all that our team does in service to front line NCS operations.
Work Location: Our team is a global operation and supports telecommuting/remote work. Your work location may necessitate travel to our base operation in Southern California on at least a quarterly basis. In addition, dependent on need, additional travel (with the possibility of international travel) may be necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA