Data Tree LLC is the nation's leading provider of property information and online recorded public land records. We offer billions of imaged documents along with innovative, comprehensive post closing and servicing solutions, including document retrieval, data delivery, lien release and assignment preparation, and document management services. Data Tree is a member of the First American Financial Corporation family of companies that was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, please visit www.datatree.com.
- Full Stack application development experience.
- Tests and delivers software on time.
- Provides maintenance of developed software including regression testing and debugging.
- Experience leading team of engineers in the design, development, and maintenance of software code for business applications.
- Builds test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
- Performs maintenance, installations, upgrades, and other technical duties associated with the support of product applications platforms and/or product systems platforms.
- Responsible for top-tier implementation and integration with backend databases.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify internal business systems.
Designs innovative solutions using a wide range of technologies
Works with domestic and international application teams to design, develop, document and maintain application solutions for enterprise business applications
Collaborates with cross-functional groups to define detailed specifications and may lead a small team to reach identified objectives
Consults with business community and colleagues to ensure successful implementation of stated goals
Fosters and maintains good relationships with customers and IT colleagues including Project Managers, Business Systems Analysts and Quality Assurance staff to meet expected customer service levels
Reviews source code to ensure best practices and ensures strict adherence to corporate security policies. Integrates components with external systems or data sources as needed.
Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex issues using creative problem solving skills.
Monitors and reports to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of directly related experience.
- The ideal candidate for this role is someone with deep Microsoft stack experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft tools and technologies, particularly C#, ASP.NET, MVC. C++ is a plus.
- Experience with WCF , traditional web services and windows services
- Familiarity with the Agile application development process
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2008+
- Strong familiarity with JSON and XML
- Enterprise application development experience
- Experience with Business Process Management is a plus
- Experience with Azure Storage Queues, or similar JMS based (json) message queue is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A thorough understanding of multi-tiered architecture and the software development lifecycle using a variety of methodologies and design patterns.
- Working knowledge or familiarity with industry standards and trends for service-oriented architecture, business process management and cloud computing.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex problems and identify solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
- Regularly provides input to define and implement conceptual issues.
- Work under general direction.
- Mentor and advise less experienced team members, monitoring project status.
- Use expertise of other team members and leverages a wide range of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized applications as a solution.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Expetise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs and applications
- Experience designing application systems
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 5-7 years of directly related experience
- Previous supervisory experience is must
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA