First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
We need someone who understands the ‘big picture impact' of the underwriting process. Provides research and analysis regarding the development of emerging tools and processes related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Provides research and analysis regarding the development of emerging tools and processes related to the performance of real estate settlement services. Assists in risk intelligence efforts for, and in implementation of risk governance processes regarding, emerging underwriting risks.
Your job duties will include:
• Provides research and analysis to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to emerging methods of underwriting real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
• Participates in development of underwriting standards and guidelines relating to emerging methods of underwriting the issuance of title insurance.
• Provides guidance to company personnel regarding emerging methods of performing real estate settlement services.
• Assists in development of underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
• Law Degree required.
• Admitted to practice in state of employment and licensed to practice law, in good standing.
• 1-4 years’ experience.
• Must be familiar with real estate law.
• General understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
• General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
• General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies.
• General understanding of information technology and communication systems, methods, and practices.
• Ability to collaborate in a complex and fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up.
• Strong negotiation skills.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA