The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the Radisson Midtown Hotel at USC offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a Bellperson to join our rapidly growing team.
As the Bellperson for the Radisson Hotel, you are the first face each guest will see. You will have the incredible opportunity to shape each guest’s experience by welcoming them with a warm smile and ensuring their luggage is cared for. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that each of our guests receives the best USC experience. We hope that you will join us as we continue to carry on the Trojan spirit of excellence!
- Provide customer services to faculty, staff, students and guests. Meets and greets guests. Provides necessary information to guests.
- Assist incoming and outgoing guests with luggage and explaining room features.
- Provide location of amenities to hotel guests, such as ice makers, vending machines, etc. Provides safety procedure details, as requested.
- Promotes hotel facilities and services to guests.
- Responds to guests’ needs, such as message delivery, forgotten items, and any other requests by guest or guest services staff.
- Communicates with staff and guests in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Maintains cleanliness of facilities, equipment, and servicewear.
- Assists in the breakdown and/or set up of dining event, buffet, product displays, or serving stations if needed.
- Adheres to department service standards and all health, safety, and university rules and regulations.
- Complies with all university policies and procedures and with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Reports to station, ready to work at the time work assignment is scheduled to begin.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma not required.
- Experience: 6 months.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced hotel environment.
- Knowledge of local entertainment, sporting, and tourism facilities and events.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with hotel environment.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
What We Prefer:
- High School Diploma.
- 1 year of experience in a high-volume hotel.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- CareerGrowth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Less than high school
0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Knowledge of local entertainments/sporting/tourism facilities and events. Ability to effectively communicate in English. Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
REQ20054166 Posted Date: 01/11/2018 - Thru date - 1/15/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)