At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status. JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families. JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment. Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. www.jfsla.org The Social Worker will work directly with the HaMercaz and the Jewish Federation Los Angeles Jewish Abilities Center programs to provide support services for professionals and families with children, teens and adults with special needs, including developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited school, LCSW or LMFT preferred.
- Significant experience working with individuals with special needs, as well as families, teenagers and adults ,
- Demonstrated experience providing case management, groups, intake and follow up and information and referral services
- Experience conducting volunteer training, presentations and consultation.
- Knowledge of local special needs resources preferred.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population; ability to work in a non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes; able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture preferred.
- Some evenings and Sundays required
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of the goals and objectives of the agency.
- Provide information and referral,
- Provide case management, counseling;
- Facilitating support groups;
- Psycho-educational presentations and trainings
- Inclusion trainings
- Volunteer training and supervision
- Assist with planning and facilitating social/recreational/educational activities for children with special needs and their families.
- Work closely with the HaMercaz team on community outreach, consultation, and program development for families and their children.
- Provide training and consultation to professional staff regarding working with families with children with special needs
- Other related duties as needed/ assigned.
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
EOE/AA; Union; Time Limited dependent on Funding
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)