First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
- Assists in clearing title and prepares residential escrow files for closing.
- Assists Escrow Offices with business development and customer service.
- Prepares documents of all types of residential transactions, such as wraps, assignments, mobile homes, and works up simple closing statements.
- May provide work direction to other escrow support staff
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail orientation
- Excellent verbal communication
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2-3 years experience as an Escrow Asst. Needs proficiency in more complicated residential transactions.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Tehachapi, CA