Data Trace LLC is the nation’s largest provider of automated title plant and tax information services for title companies nationwide. Our leading technology allows quick access to title history information, property tax assessment and payment data, document images, and property files in major metropolitan areas across the United States. Data Trace is a member of the First American Financial Corporation family of companies that was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, please visit www.edatatrace.com.
- Defines business process requirements, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, gains consensus, tests to confirm, and implements solutions for a specific business need.
- Analyzes and gathers customer requirements to develop and implement customized solutions and provide alternative solutions.
- Provides informal training as part of implementation process. May provide formal training and support directly to customers.
- Working with business partners and SMEs, creates documentation of business processes, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Generate and create reports; research and analyze data and report trends to management/ business partners.
- Works on a wide range of problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Acts in an advisory capacity, influencing and making recommendations which may have an important bearing on the conduct of the business segment.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has the creative latitude to work outside policy and develop new solutions.
- Negotiates, persuades, and gains consensus from implementation team and/or management.
- Errors may cause delay of process development or problem resolution.
Supervision Received or Extended
- No responsibility for the supervision of others
- Works independently setting own priorities and objectives with supervisory consultation.
- Regularly makes recommendations to and influences department policies and procedures.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives.
- Uses expertise of more senior level Business Analysts and team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solution or explore customized applications as a solution.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Analytical skills to determine root cause of problems and apply creative and effective solutions
- Must have continuous process improvement or efficiency improvement training/experience
- Six Sigma, Lien or Kisen training/education a strong plus
- BPO- Business Process Outsourcing experience vs. Manufacturing
- Ability to analyze a situation, interview, formulate questions, and probe for deeper knowledge/ understanding
- Data management skills
- Has basic knowledge of general business, production, and/or operation environment and general cost benefit awareness
- Good written and oral communication skills in order to define parameters to meet business requirements
- Presentation skills
- Standard MS skill set
- Analyzes production workflow and tools, looking for ways to optimize the various processes used in Universal Record fulfillment.
- Cross-department collaboration skills will be required, along with hands-on efforts using the actual tools.
- Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 2- 5 years of directly related experience
- Lean and Kaizen process improvement knowledge/experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA