Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) is a community of high-performing public schools that utilizes a comprehensive approach to prepare students from preschool through high school for success in college and in life. We integrate academic rigor, community, family, and wellness to empower students to thrive in a culturally connected and changing world. Founded in 2000, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy students represent the traditionally educationally underserved neighborhoods of MacArthur Park and Echo Park, west of downtown Los Angeles. Currently, CNCA has eight campuses that serve over 3,500 students from pre-K through 12th grade.
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy seeks candidates who will use innovative curriculum and teaching methodologies to establish a culture of educational excellence through great professional development opportunities and team teaching. Teachers must be visionaries, eager to be in the forefront of educational practices and must embrace the challenge of demonstrating that public education in a low-income, primarily immigrant, multilingual area can succeed. Teachers will receive a competitive salary and health care and retirement benefits.
Teachers will perform a full range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Preparing/implementing lesson plans that lead to student mastery of curriculum content, including Math
- Developing /implementing integrated curriculum units, differentiating and scaffolding as needed
- Regularly assessing student progress to refine instruction and meet student needs
- Participating regularly in professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings
- Communicating frequently with students, students’ families, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Working closely with children and their families to promote personal growth and success
- Maintaining regular, punctual attendance
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US - 90007)