First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Develops, maintains and delivers monthly and quarterly analyses, reports, and presentations ensuring the accuracy of the information, identifying key points, and develops recommendations
- Performs a wide range of ad hic analysis of financial and operational data for trends and variances and presents findings to business unit management
- Uses historical trend information, changes in market and business environments, and strategic planning to create projections used for the budgeting or forecasting processes
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to business unit management.
- Manage large data sets from disparate sources for data mining, analysis, and research project
- Develop complex financial models for what-if analysis, scenario planning, and M&A activities
- Works collaboratively with team members and other departments
Supervision Received or Extended
- Works on complex financial analysis projects.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action.
- Errors will have business and financial impact
ImpactKnowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Works under general direction
- Relies on experience and judgment to perform the functions of the job
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- No responsibility for the supervision of others
- Provides functional advice or training to less- experienced financial analysts
- May lead or coordinate the work of cross functional teams
- Finance and Accounting – Expert in finance, economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, financial statements, valuation and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mathematics & Analyti - Ability to understand, manipulate and solve problems using mathematics on large data sets.
- Computer Skills – Expert on Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Essbase
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Solid understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures of the business
Typical Range of Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA preferred
License or CertificationDisclaimer
- 4-7 years of experience in the field or related area
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: West Hills, CA