JOB TITLE: Customer Support Engineer – Automation Systems STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Regional Office DIVISION: Service
To support customers with (but not limited to) Amada Automation Systems including core machines. This includes installation, service, operational training, networking, programming training, software training, application training.
- Proficient in trouble shooting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, control systems as well as networks.
- Able to precisely follow layout drawings and blue prints used in the installation of equipment.
- Complete status (service) reports on a daily basis and expense reports on a weekly basis.
- The ability to communicate in the English language.
- Excellent customer relations and follow through.
- Managing the total equipment installation process at Customer site entailing use of hand tools, climbing, bending, stooping.
- Operation, applications, software, and part programming capabilities, and customer training of such.
- Use of Amada applications software used in line control and part programming.
- Regular travel within assigned territories.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to communicate in the Spanish (Mexican) language.
Reports to Regional Service Manager
A 4 yr degree in Electronics or a minimum of a 2 yr degree with related work experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
- Ability to use hand tools, Volt/Ohm meter and Oscilloscope.
- Working knowledge of computers and Windows OS.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Being accountable and responsible to service and support a customer through all aspects of the customer’s ownership of the machine.
Routine travel within assigned territories with occasional over night stays.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others
- Ability to accept and follow instruction
- Ability to maintain positive attitude
- Ability to work alone and without direct supervision
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and be proactive
LIFTING: Average Weight: 50 lb. Frequency: Daily
Location/Region: Portland, OR