Satellite Talent is an independent strategic recruitment firm, specialising in the provision of C-suite, senior management and technology professionals across the global space sector. Our team has been instrumental in building successful leadership teams and businesses around the world, and right now we are working with an innovative, disruptive organisation that is currently seeking a ‘hands-on’ Chief Engineer who can lead a small team to design and develop a small satellite bus. This person will have experience across all the satellite systems such as power, propulsion and structures.
Research & Development
- The incumbent will lead the design and analysis effort for new spacecraft structures from proposal phase, detailed design, fabrication, assembly, test and requirement verification.
- He/she will create detailed design documentation for component manufacture, assembly and test.
- Responsible for cost and schedule planning and tracking, as well as managing efforts through robust engineering change processes including risk and opportunity management
- Extensive understanding and application of advanced principles, concepts and techniques in solving mechanical engineering problems, develop conceptual configurations, engineer piece-parts and mechanical systems, facilitate fabrication, assembly and qualification of spacecraft bus.
Health & Safety
- Ensure staff are informed of and trained in safe practices and procedures in their specific areas of work.
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed
- Correct PPE is worn in designated area.
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US - 90001)