First American Title's Mortgage Solutions division is a member of the First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) family of companies. First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. The Mortgage Solutions division provides title insurance settlement services, signing services, portfolio analytics, retention and acquisition services; property valuations; and default solutions for the mortgage banking industry. In fact, Mortgage Solutions works with a multitude of people across the entire origination, servicing and default continuum, and has helped close millions of real estate transactions nationwide. For more information, visit www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions/
Working with business departments, drive process improvement through seeking out and identifying opportunities and business process definition by defining and documenting processes and procedures. Assess and document training needs, communicate existence of new process. Document business processes, training procedures, standard operating procedures, project status, etc. Oversee projects for business departments and/or act as a liaison/strategic partner between FAC and government entities, vendors, corporations and other FA divisions to define business processes and/or generate, update and create various products and services. When new processes are identified, may drive implementation or hand off to Project Management Team for implementation. Experienced Analyst. Has business and operations knowledge and is able to use that knowledge to bring insight to the role, identify issues and inefficiencies, and recommend process improvements.
- Defines business process requirements, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, gains consensus, tests to confirm, and implements solutions for a specific business need.
- Analyzes and gathers customer requirements to develop and implement customized solutions and provide alternative solutions.
- Provides informal training as part of implementation process. May provide formal training and support directly to customers.
- Working with business partners and SMEs, creates documentation of business processes, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Generate and create reports; research and analyze data and report trends to management/ business partners.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Analytical skills to determine root cause of problems and apply creative and effective solutions
- Ability to analyze a situation, interview, formulate questions, and probe for deeper knowledge/ understanding
- Has basic knowledge of general business, production, and/or operation environment and general cost benefit awareness
- Good written and oral communication skills in order to define parameters to meet business requirements
- SQL experience in reading, writing, maintaining and analyzing. Ability to select statements and table joins. Adept to database management mining specific data from SQL information and working closely with departmental managers to create useful reports.
- Strong analytics in business workflow and data flow
- Presentation skills
- Standard MS skill set
- Data management skills
- Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 2- 5 years of directly related experience
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA