JOB TITLE: Application Engineer STATUS: Exempt
DEPARTMENT: ( ) Astro ( ) Engineering DIVISION: Products
( ) Bending (X) Laser
( ) CNC ( ) Systems
With minimal supervision, provides functional and technical support to Sales Engineers and demonstrates machine functions in Amada Show Plaza and at Trade Shows. Performs time studies, tool selections, and demonstrations in the Amada Show Plaza. Makes preparations for shows (on and off site), operates machinery during the show. Maintains the General Fabrication area and work area in “ready-to-show” condition.
· Analyze customers machine and tooling requirements based on information provided by Sales personnel or directly from customers.
· Generate programs used to operate Amada machinery.
· Provide data on machine run times using computer and machine generated time studies.
· Organize and order tooling and materials used for customer demonstrations and shows.
· Fabricate demonstration parts to show the capabilities of Amada equipment.
· Summarize and report methods, materials, and tools used in fabrication of demonstration parts.
· Machine installation, trouble-shooting, and teardown.
· Clean-up, maintenance, and organization of materials and tooling.
· Performs other related duties, as assigned by Management.
· Assistant Manager/Department Supervisor
· Mechanical ability and sheet metal experience preferred.
· IBM PC familiarity, with knowledge of CAD/CAM software preferred.
· Some knowledge of Laser Equipment/Laser Cutting process preferred.
· Proficiency in reading blueprints.
· Detailed oriented.
· Excellent English language/communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Depending upon product/region, foreign language skills may be required.
· Regular travel required. Depending upon product/region, the ability to travel internationally may be required. Travel requirements are dependent upon department/customer need.
From: Occasional (3 to 5 times per year).
To: Frequent (10 to 15 times per year).
· Ability to work harmoniously with others.
· Ability to accept and follow instructions.
· Ability to maintain positive attitude.
LIFTING: Weight Range: 10-75 lb. Frequency: Daily
Requires ability to bend, lift, stoop, reach, stand, crawl, and climb.
Location/Region: Schaumburg, IL