Under limited supervision, identify, plan and direct the maintenance preventive maintenance and upkeep of LA Plant site manufacturing and facilities equipment with an emphasis on electrical distribution and motors controls. Repair, overhaul and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on plant equipment, electrical circuit and electrical controls to include but not limited to, electrical distribution, motor control centers (MCCs), variable frequency drives, and electrical control systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform breakdown preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis, to include, but not limited to, electrical distribution, MCCs, and electrical control systems as responsibility assigned to Electrical Facilities Engineering in both cGMP and non-GMP areas.
- Responsible for repairing and or replacement of the electrical distribution circuits electrical controls, emergency power circuits, and electrical equipment as assigned and their components.
- Write and/or revise Preventive Maintenance (PM) procedures as needed.
- Individual will be responsible for a multi-craft duties within the business unit.
- Ability to understand, reviews, and analyze mechanical drawings for accuracy. Perform drawings update as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair critical equipment including but not limited to: MCCs, electrical distribution systems, electrical controls, circuit breakers, automatic transfer switches, motor starters, relay ladder logic, standby generators, UPS systems, and various manufacturing equipment.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building and electrical codes in compliance with LA City and Shire EHS, including but not limited to: NEC, NFPA 70, UMC, etc.
- Support site engineering projects including but not limited to: equipment installation, commissioning, and validation for process and supporting equipment.
- Cross-train new employees and teammates.
- Follow and comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as well as with Shire Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) and with Current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) policies.
- Ensures personal training plan execution and compliance.
- Attend required training and meetings.
- A strong knowledge of electrical systems, including distribution, PLC based process control systems, Human Machine Interface (HMI) configuration.
- A strong knowledge of instrumentation and mechanical equipment, such as controllers, indicators, control valves, PLC, Analyzers, sensors, pumps, etc.
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical documents and instructions, electrical and mechanical drawings, equipment blue prints, piping and instrumentation drawings.
- Must have customer service and leadership attitude to take ownership of any maintenance related problem.
- Must be self-started with the ability to work independently and use good judgment. Shall be able to handle multiple priorities. Must be proactive, results oriented, and have a strong attention to details.
- Must be able to work overtime on a short notice.
- Must be able to utilize PC’s for training, communication and work schedules and close-out in a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Education and/or experience
- High School Diploma, Associate in Arts/Associate in Science (AA/AS) technical discipline. Journeyman craft training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years maintenance experience with a State of California Electrician Certification issued by the Department of Industrial Relations - Labor Standards and Enforcement
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required. (only for non-exempt positions)
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA