Design-Build/APD Project Manager - Water/Wastewater Opportunity:
Are you passionate about building a healthier and more sustainable world? Do you have the ability to develop high quality, leading edge, sustainable solutions for water/wastewater systems? Parsons is now hiring a Design-Build (DB)/Alternative Project Delivery (APD) Project Manager focused on water and wastewater infrastructure and related industrial projects.
Parsons offers a unique opportunity to provide both design and self-perform construction services. Be a part of a team delivering landmark projects and help us solve the most complex projects involving water quality, supply, treatment and wastewater infrastructure. In this position, you will be a key resource, to help us position and win work, build client relationships and deliver innovative projects! Our Project Managers play an integral part with our business development efforts - scope of work discussions, innovative solutions, bid development, presentations and financial results. Position Overview
As a Project Manager, you will be a key member of our water/wastewater team and in a highly visible role. Our practice is focused on water/wastewater infrastructure and industrial projects for cities, counties, special districts, public water and energy utilities, regional and state entities. You will assist in identifying new water/wastewater opportunities where Parsons can add value and successfully deliver projects.
Our Project Managers perform proposal preparation, client-centric presentations and help us win work! As we win the work, you will be responsible for all aspects of successful delivery of the project including design, construction, startup and commissioning and financial outcome. Expect to be face to face with clients, as well as overseeing selected subcontractor and/or teaming partners. Scopes of work entail engineering, construction, and commissioning of complex water projects Requirements:
- 15+ years of combined experience with DB/APD projects, water / wastewater related infrastructure, and public sector clients in California and Western U.S.
- Demonstrated leadership on complex DB and CMAR deliverables
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related technical/business field from an accredited university is a plus, not an absolute requirement
- Professional registration a plus
- Water / wastewater reference
- Soft and leadership skills in communications and technology
In order to be selected, you will need to demonstrate a successful track record of utilizing APD methods, such as design-build (DB) and construction management at risk (CMAR), to execute and deliver infrastructure such as water and wastewater treatment facilities. Keys to your success will be your APD acumen, technical understanding of delivering water/wastewater infrastructure, leadership abilities, innovative thinking and strong client service mindset. Office based is Pasadena, CA and business travel is required. Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent! Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Construction or Engineering related technical/business field
- 12-15 years of related construction experience is required
- Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
- Professional registration may also be required.
- Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project. Our Project Managers still get very involved in the designs on the project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards
- Incumbent must meet Parsons' project management certification requirements.
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today. Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Pasadena, CA