If you are a Tax Manager with 6+ years’ professional experience, predominantly & most recently at regional, national, or BIG 4 firm experience and have the desire to become a tax partner, in a not-for-profit area, at a leading regional CPA firm, please read on!
Based at our headquarters in Long Beach we are a Large firm with the feel of a small firm, providing lifelong training and learning, including MS, MBT, or MBA programs. We are collaborative and balanced, apply now to find out more!
Relocation is also provided, if you want to live in Long Beach!
*** Your application will be considered incomplete unless the screening questions are answered. Incomplete applications cannot be submitted for further review. Please answer all of the screening questions in detail in order to expedite the process. ***What You Will Be DoingYou will:
• Take over from practice partner the day-to-day management of firm’s not-for-profit tax practice, including 100-150 returns.
• Develop and mentor staff to permit increased delegation of duties.
• Run various NFP tax engagements as needed.
• Develop a relationship with and earn sufficient respect from staff, peers, senior managers, and partners to warrant a promotion to partner.
• Gain sufficient expertise within NFP practice to become a technical expert.
• Demonstrate sufficient success in business development with new and existing clients to justify admission into partnership.
• Develop community and professional relationships through participation/leadership in civic organizations and professional associations
• The role is a partner-track opening
• Will consider Managers, heavy Senior Managers, and above
• Seeking candidate out of top 100 CPA firm with not-for-profit clients.
• Willing to pay interview costs and provide relocation.What You Need for this Position6+ years’ professional experience, predominantly and most recently at regional, national, or BIG 4 firm.
• CPA/MBT (MST) or CPA/JD/LLM.
• Desire to become a tax partner in the not-for-profit area at a leading regional CPA firm.
• Reviewed/performed compliance on at least 50 NFP returns (Forms 990/990-PF) and on numerous unrelated business income tax returns (Forms 990-T).
• Experience consulting with NFP management regarding exemption application and various tax and management issues.
• Progressive record of promotion and success in developing/mentoring staff toward promotion.
• Experience defending clients in IRS audits.
• Record of success in developing relationships within firm.
• Experience with software pertaining to NFP returns.What’s In It for YouCompetitive career package, including employee benefits and incentives
Flexible schedules to accommodate a successful work/life balance
Cell phone reimbursement
Pension-profit sharing plan, 401k matching
Fun daysSo, if you are a Tax Manager with 6+ years’ professional experience, predominantly & most recently at regional, national, or BIG 4 firm experience and have the desire to become a tax partner, in a not-for-profit area, at a leading regional CPA firm, please apply today!
*** Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted ***
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Skills CPA Big 4 Not-for-profit Compliance IRS Audits Mentoring Staff Public Accounting Experience
Location/Region: Long Beach, CA (US)