Looking for some Talented Resident Engineer's
for some future openings supporting the TSSC contract. These upcoming positions will be supporting one of the 10 Region's located throughout the united states. The regions that will be supported are based out of: Seattle WA Los Angeles CA Fort Worth TX Oklahoma City OK Kansas City Kansas Des Plaines, IL Atlanta GA Washington DC Queens, NY Boston MA Project Overview
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA's Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA's nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
Engineering Technician will report to assigned project managers; and, provide oversight, monitoring, and control of subcontractor or self-perform personnel working at Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) sites. This technician assists in application of principles, methods, and techniques of construction technology, reviews project specifications and confers with the appropriate personnel concerning assistance required, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions, design changes, and reports. This worker conducts materials testing and analysis, using tools and equipment and applying knowledge necessary to prepare reports detailing work conducted and the results.
- Performs site surveys and inspections as frequently as necessary to ensure the required work is accomplished satisfactorily and conforms to the contract requirements.
- Conducts constructability reviews.
- Performs small self-perform construction projects that can include civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and associated activities.
- Communicates with the different construction subcontractors assigned to jobs.
- Participates in Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI) as required.
- Keeps a construction diary on the status of assigned tasks.
- Submits weekly progress reports and participate in weekly construction meetings. Communicates daily with the assigned Project Manager.
- Reads and thoroughly understand and implement the Resident Engineers Manual as well as the Program Policies/ Procedures.
- Construction inspections to confirm conformance to Contract Documents.
- Review schedules.
- Escort contractors.
- Identify possible construction problems and suggest resolutions.
- Document construction progress through reports and pictures daily.
- Evaluate contractor claims and provide recommendations to FAA.
- Inspection or installation of concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel, shot crete, structural steel welding, fireproofing and testing of soils, aggregate, concrete, asphaltic concrete and grading observations.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in the construction industry as a superintendent or foreman, including project located on airports and FAA locations. Desire at least 3-years' experience working in and around critical operational facilities. (FAA facilities, data centers, airports, commercial telephone sites, etc.)
- The ability to perform a variety of engineering duties by applying basic engineering techniques and analysis within one discipline and to diversify into multiple disciplines. Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other contract documents. Some assignments involve CAE/CAD applications.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel. Proficiency in utilizing scheduling software.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have experience applying/relaying spec and drawing information to the construction environment.
- Must have experience working with engineers, stakeholders, fabricators, utility companies, cable locators, etc.
- Must be able to express technical information in a clear and concise manner to a nontechnical audience.
- Must have experience taking photographs using a digital camera in addition to uploading files/photographs to a computer/memory device or internet site.
- Must have experience/ability following guidelines, regulations, standards, directives, etc.
- Must be familiar with general construction and proficiently operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements A background check by federal authorities will be performed.
- Good organizational, speaking and writing skills.
- Basic typing and computer proficiency including MS Office, email and internet search engines.
- Demonstrate motivation /initiative necessary to learn new concepts, adapt to new situations, show good judgement, work independently or as part of a team in the field or an office, and additionally be able to communicate with representatives at all levels within client and contractor environments.
Special Job Requirements:
- Requires 100% travel throughout United States and its territories.
- Position may require night and shift hours, and occasional overtime when pre-approved.
- Requires valid driver's license and ability to pass Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must pass company administered pre-employment drug testing.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
- May require ability to pass a satisfactory DOT medical examination.
Location/Region: Pasadena, CA